Order Management System: The Key to an Integrated Omnichannel Commerce Strategy
Meet the growing challenges of digital commerce through intelligent orchestration of your order processes. Automate your increasingly complex processes, lower your costs, and optimize your value chain.
Offer your customers a seamless experience across all channels by using crosschannel order processes.
Optimize your process costs using intelligent order processes and fulfill every order exactly in accordance with your customer’s requirements.
Give your customers and staff a complete overview of inventory and availability across all channels—for all your locations and always in real time.
Process payments efficiently using modular invoice-to-cash functionality for partially or fully automated approval, payment, and billing processes.
Orchestrate all processes over the entire lifecycle of an order, while accommodating your company’s specific process structures.
Process returns quickly and effectively with end-to-end return processes and efficient interaction between all parties and systems involved in the return process.
Omnichannel Order Processing
- merging of orders from all channels in a central order repository
- aggregation, management, and monitoring of orders from all channels
- central order repository for editing, tracking, and monitoring the order lifecycle in real time.
- Synaptic Commerce API for integrating order processes with SAP, Microsoft, and other back-end systems
Company-Wide Inventory Overview
- aggregation of—and real-time access to—inventory information from all sources
- global overview and management of inventories
- real-time calculation of available inventory
- Synaptic Commerce API for synchronizing inventories with SAP, Microsoft, and other back-end systems
- Synaptic Commerce API for real-time querying and reservation of inventory from any third-party system
Orchestration of Order Processes
- centralized orchestration of the entire lifecycle of an order and all participating processes and systems
- extensive library of standard business processes
- flexible, expandable business processes that adapt to your company’s specific needs
- multi-client business process rules
- highly scalable and secure system architecture
Order Routing and Fulfillment
- Intelligent sourcing rules for selecting specific warehouse locations or suppliers
- Automation and optimization of order processing across distributed warehouse locations
- Individual processing of order items makes it possible to optimize each order based on specific, automated rules
- Individual order-routing rules define the best strategy to process and deliver orders based on economic criteria, available inventory, and specific customer requests
- Order-routing and fulfillment rules include “ship complete,” “optimize by purchase price,” “ship from one location,” “ship or do not ship from store,” or “ship from nearest location”
- Synaptic Commerce API for integrated order processing with ERPs, suppliers, point-of-sale, or drop-shipment providers
- customer service back office system with detailed payment and billing information
- fully and partially automated approval, payment, and credit processes for each payment method and client
- download or send individual or aggregated invoices and credit notes via Synaptic Commerce API or email
- Synaptic Commerce API for executing payments and credit notes from SAP, Microsoft, or other back-end systems
- Synaptic Commerce API for integrating payment providers or payment service providers
- Synaptic Commerce API for integrating accounts receivable management with SAP, Microsoft, or other back-end systems
Omnichannel Returns Management
- Synaptic Commerce API for centralized collection of returns and service orders from multiple channels
- individual rules per return or service
- create, download, or send return documents and shipping labels
- register and track returns using integrated RMA processes and interfaces
- Synaptic Commerce API for integrating returns processes with SAP, Microsoft, POS, or other back-end systems
The OMS allows us a high degree of flexibility when it comes to linking suppliers and extending the functions. Because it’s independent of the front end, we can develop the OMS in parallel. For example, we are presently working on refining and optimizing the business rules. It was also a strategic decision to not have everything run through the ERP system because that would have meant we were dependent on a single supplier. Moreover, ERP systems are generally not so nimble.
Panalpina has a global footprint and our complete solution allows customers to utilize that international presence. We work together with a number of partners in this respect, with Intershop handling the commerce platform and the OMS. We made a deliberate choice to have the same supplier deal with both of them, as the online shop is our face while the OMS is our brain. Those two facets must work together properly.
Always ready to deliver
Use your inventory as a common resource for all your sales channels. If demand in one channel is lower than expected, the excess inventory can be made available to other channels. Conversely, if demand in a particular channel is higher than expected, it can be met with inventory from other channels, directly from a central warehouse, or from a dropship supplier. With the Intershop Order Management System, you have real-time access to inventory and availability among your offline stores, suppliers, and across your supply chain. Armed with this information, you can commit to deliveries immediately and create custom delivery processes.
Single source of truth
Customer orders from all sales channels (e.g., online shop, EDI, offline stores, or field sales) are merged in one location. All information from your ERP systems, online shops, warehouse management systems, PSP, and many other resources can be combined and analyzed together. This enables comprehensive analysis of all transactions, both in overview and in detail. It also allows you to tailor your offerings to customers across all channels, thereby increasing cross- and up-selling potential as well as customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Transparency for you and your customers
Whether your customers connect via mobile devices, desktop computers, telephone hotline, offline stores, or field sales staff, give them a consistent experience at all times—across all available channels, based on up-to-date information and accurate responses to queries. Complete transparency across all data and processes, plus consistent real-time information in every channel, allows you to boost customer satisfaction and loyalty and offer additional customer-oriented services.
More efficient e-commerce processes
Process costs and lead times are optimized for each order and media continuity is assured. When it comes to designing the best possible customer experience, flexible business processes have an important role to play—ideally, running quietly in the background. The Intershop OMS coordinates every order automatically in line with the respective customer preferences, specific order-processing rules, or information provided by offline retailers and suppliers.