Senior Software Developer
Intershop is a leading independent provider of innovative omni-channel solutions. We offers high-performance packaged software for internet sales, complemented by all necessary services. Intershop also acts as a business process outsourcing provider, covering all aspects of online retailing up to fulfillment. Intershop has a strong track record of innovation and enabling successful online business. More than 300 enterprise and mid-sized customers, including HP, BMW, Würth, Intersport, Red Wings, Merck and Deutsche Telekom around the globe rely on Intershop solutions. Intershop is headquartered in Jena, Germany, and has offices in the United States, Europe, Australia, and China.
For our new teams in Sofia, we are looking for Senior Software Developers.
You are especially talented software developer with the ability and desire to work on challenging projects that require you to constantly master new skills and technologies. As a Senior Software Developer, with your excellent problem solving, communication and time management skills, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and support of our Intershop 7 software application.
As a Senior Software Developer your responsibilities will involve:
- Participate and design the implementation of Intershop 7 and future editions
- Participate in support of the Intershop core e-commerce platform (ICM)
- Develop complete e-commerce solutions based on the ICM platform
- Design an elegant API and software architecture for a complex system
- Work in cooperation with your product owner and scrum master in an Agile environment
- Implement integrations with external systems
- Production of technical specification and documentation
- Coaching of (junior) software engineers
The skill set we are looking for:
- BS or MS degree in computer science
- 4+ years experience in software development
- Java 8
- Multithreaded programming, performance analysis
- SQL and relational database technology (preferable Oracle)
- OOP principles (IoC, dependency injection, Guice)
- RESTful web services (Jersey, Jackson)
- Testing – JUnit and Mockito
- SVN, Git
- Team player, good organisational skills, excellent command of English
In addition, any of the following skills are welcome:
- Knowledge in EmberJS or similar
- Geb and Spock
- Gradle, Maven, Eclipse and Continuous Integration
- Experience in Azure cloud, Microsoft 365
If you have experience with other programming languages (C++, C#, etc.) and technologies and want to switch to Java and its ecosystem, you are welcome, too!
The company offers:
- Competitive salary
- A great freedom of design in your area of responsibility
- An efficient team with an agile mindset
- An independent work environment with dynamic workflows
- Fast communication and decision-making through flat hierarchies in an agile organization
- Very good development opportunities and support for further education
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent new office location
- Career growth opportunities
- Certification Programs
- Training and business trips abroad
- Small and young team with great atmosphere and Dev2Dev relationships
You are interested in this position?
If you enjoy being part of a committed team and want to work in an open corporate culture, contact us today! Please submit your actual application CV (cover letter, resume, testimonials, certificates, salary expectation, possible start date) in English. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.