Intershop Communications AG | Press Release |
Intershop Announces the Availability of its Latest Version of Industry-Leading Software
Release of Version 6.3 of the E-Commerce-Software Enfinity Suite for worldwide sales and distribution
- Enfinity Suite 6.3 exceeds enterprise demands and breaks new ground in the standard for online business software
- Vastly enhanced functionality engineered to power the modern enterprise
- Improved support for Search Engine Optimization and major technology advancements for international commerce platforms
Jena, January 23, 2009 – Following an extensive period of research and development, Intershop announces the release of Version 6.3 of the E-Commerce-Software Enfinity Suite for worldwide sales and distribution. Enterprises throughout the world rely on Enfinity Suite 6 to operate online shops and complex internet sales platforms.
Intershop’s integral value proposition as a proponent of growth and expansion for the global enterprise is enhanced with new solution offerings:
- Robust behavior and Efficiency even during times of peak visitor activity and traffic of the online shops.
- Standard functionality which addresses the majority of requirements of internet commerce with individual and business customers.
- Easy, user-friendly flexible adaptation of the standard software to the requirements of different enterprise, regions, business models, and IT environments.
- Wizards and help options for enterprises which have to quickly scale their online merchant systems to include additional countries, languages, and currencies due to increasing globalization.
The development strategy of the latest version of Enfinity resulted from existing user feedback, analysis of the current market environment and industry trends, an internal advisory team, and input from implementation and technology partners of the company. Enfinity Suite 6.3 is a software version that is optimally built on the user, business and technical requirements of an international multi-channel enterprise.
Enfinity Suite 6.3 natively includes key technical elements in the following areas:
- Improved Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and the Search Engine Marketing (SEM) capabilities to enhance the success of individual Online Marketing Campaigns.
- Integrated tools for Product Data Management (PDM) allow information to be exchanged and shared easily within a complex organization.
- Easily Change Webpage Content with dynamic controls and an intelligent sharing concept for the editing of content enhancing existing WYSIWYG-functionality.
- Advanced Search Functionality improves product and web page content detection making Enfinity Shops more comfortable and user-friendly for the online buyers. For the merchants, this provides a competitive edge, increasing orders and online revenues.
- New out-of-the-box Payment Methods allowing a number of options to meet the demands of a diverse customer-base.
Enfinity Suite 6.3 is available for Windows Server 2003, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10, Sun Solaris 10 for UltraSPARC- and x86-hardware-architectures. Support for Windows Server 2008 is being finalized and will become available shortly.
“To optimally serve our customers, starting immediately, releases of new versions will become available at the beginning of the new year on a regular basis. The time after the Holiday Season is the optimal time for our customers to plan changes and enhancements to their systems. Many of our customers have already been waiting for Enfinity Suite 6.3. During the upcoming CeBIT, Intershop offers the public the opportunity for in depth demonstrations and review of the new software”, stated Henry Göttler, Intershop-Chairman of the Board.
Intershop Communications AG (founded in Germany 1992; Prime Standard: ISH2) is the leading independent provider of omni-channel commerce solutions. Intershop offers high-performance packaged software for internet sales, complemented by all necessary services. Intershop also acts as a business process outsourcing provider, covering all aspects of online retailing up to fulfillment. Around the globe more than 300 enterprise customers, including HP, BMW, Würth, and Deutsche Telekom run Intershop solutions. Intershop is headquartered in Jena, Germany, and has offices in the United States, Europe, Australia, and China. More information about Intershop can be found online at www.intershop.com.
This news release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial and operational performance of Intershop. Actual events or performance may differ materially from those contained or implied in such forward-looking statements. Risks and uncertainties that could lead to such difference could include, among other things: Intershop's limited operating history, the unpredictability of future revenues and expenses and potential fluctuations in revenues and operating results, significant dependence on large single customer deals, consumer trends, the level of competition, seasonality, risks related to electronic security, possible governmental regulation, and general economic conditions.