Intershop Communications AG | Press Release |
Intershop 7.4 helps enterprises to create, extend, and efficiently manage unique omni-channel commerce
- Easier management of content and custom features for each touchpoint
- Ultimate flexibility to extend a Commerce environment that creates a unique customer experience
- Range of extended B2B functionalities includes individual price list and product assortments
Jena, Germany, January 29, 2014 – Intershop today announced the availability of Intershop 7.4, the latest version of its leading omni-channel commerce platform. Intershop 7.4 is designed to allow merchants to take full advantage of the explosive growth in omni-channel commerce and shorten time to market. It reduces the complexity of running a business across multiple online and offline touchpoints, while helping B2C and B2B organizations alike to create highly individualized and personalized brand experiences.
The new features include:
- Extended Commerce API allows merchants to build a unique Commerce environment. The Intershop 7.4 extends the RESTful API to simplify integration of external systems or touchpoint applications. Developers can access all existing commerce features of the Intershop 7 platform to easily extend the commerce landscape. Regardless of the device and technology customer functions can be implemented based on the existing Commerce API.
- Touchpoint aware Web Content Management increases relevancy and improves browsing experience. Users can create and manage various content components that are specific to particular touchpoints, and share and distribute content across different channels. Using Design View, Intershop's powerful real-time data and design preview capability, users can preview, verify and test site layouts, marketing campaigns and new collections in all touchpoints before going live.
- Simplified content management for fast roll-outs and easier administration. The content model used by Intershop's 'Starter Stores' templates for new shops and sites has been simplified. Users can easily customize, extend and manage the content model to speed up new implementations. Content auditing allows detailed tracking of content elements and related commerce activities on all channels and touchpoints.
- Easier adoption of new payment services. Intershop 7.4 allows users to easily configure multiple payment options. This not only reduces administration effort but also saves time when implementing new payment services.
- Improved personalization for B2B customers. Intershop 7.4 provides a range of extended B2B functionalities, reflecting the customized contracts between merchants and their multiple B2B customers directly in the storefront. Users can assign individual price lists and tailored product assortments, maintain and display negotiated discounts and customized catalogs for every single customer. Price handling can be configured per customer type - for example to show business customers a net price while consumers see the gross price. B2B account administrators can also define customer registration approval processes at the channel level.
- Improved usability within Product Information Management. The new version includes back-office usability enhancements that simplify the maintenance of product links. With just a few clicks, an accessory can be assigned to multiple source products. Incoming and outgoing product links can be managed in bulk, streamlining the assignment of product recommendations.
Intershop CTO Jochen Wiechen said, "Customers expect to use multiple touchpoints at the same time and they expect an integrated, consistent and streamlined buying experience. The new and enhanced features in Intershop 7.4 allow B2C and B2B organizations to optimize the omni-channel commerce, while efficiently managing multiple business models, customer groups and touchpoints. At the same time, Intershop 7.4 gives organizations the freedom to create a commerce environment specific to their business processes, and ultimate flexibility in customizing and personalizing the customer experience. Optimization of omni-channel commerce will be a key topic in 2014 and with this new version, we are proud to give our customers a platform for success."
Intershop 7.4 is now available for purchase directly from Intershop or through Intershop’s extensive partner network.
Intershop Communications AG (founded in Germany 1992; Prime Standard: ISH2) is the leading independent provider of omni-channel commerce solutions. Intershop offers high-performance packaged software for internet sales, complemented by all necessary services. Intershop also acts as a business process outsourcing provider, covering all aspects of online retailing up to fulfillment. Around the globe more than 300 enterprise customers, including HP, BMW, Würth, and Deutsche Telekom run Intershop solutions. Intershop is headquartered in Jena, Germany, and has offices in the United States, Europe, Australia, and China. More information about Intershop can be found online at www.intershop.com.
This news release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial and operational performance of Intershop. Actual events or performance may differ materially from those contained or implied in such forward-looking statements. Risks and uncertainties that could lead to such difference could include, among other things: Intershop's limited operating history, the unpredictability of future revenues and expenses and potential fluctuations in revenues and operating results, significant dependence on large single customer deals, consumer trends, the level of competition, seasonality, risks related to electronic security, possible governmental regulation, and general economic conditions.