High Availability & Clustering Infrastructure for High-Traffic, Globally Distributed Omni-Channel Platforms
To ensure maximum availability in global commerce, you need a globally distributed infrastructure. This consists of multiple clusters of web, application, database, and search-engine servers.
The Intershop Commerce Suite is specifically designed to run in a distributed manner across multiple data centers, which share all necessary data and process information. Availability is assured with the aid of clustering, advanced caching, and failover mechanisms, ensuring an optimum customer experience at all times.
- Redundant web and application servers
- Definition of server groups; group allocation for web and application servers
- Clustering, load balancing, and live activation for all components
- Load-balancing and high-availability scenarios across multiple data centers
- Failover support: protects customer-specific data (e.g., cart contents) or user input in the event of an application server failure
- Use of standby databases or Oracle Real Application Clusters
- Roll-out of new features and releases without downtime
- Compatible with all popular cloud platforms