Majestic Wine gives customers a taste of what's in-store
When Majestic Wine, the UK’s largest specialist wine retailer, decided to replicate its in-store values online, it turned to Intershop and Javelin Group to make its e-commerce vision a reality. Making customers aware of what’s available in their local store – and balancing supply with demand so orders can be fulfilled with ease by local stores – was just the start. Majestic Wines wanted to deliver a highly personalised and convenient customer experience that brings the in-store shopping experience to life on the web.
Today, Majestic Wine’s online customers are able to:
- select their closest or preferred store and, thanks to near real-time stock information, instantly browse and select only from the available in-store range
- order wine by the case or create their own-mixed case assortments using local stock options
- opt to pick up their order in-store or request the local store team gets in contact to arrange a free home delivery
- take advantage of personal recommendations from Majestic’s team of in-house wine experts
- use customer reviews and ratings to guide their wine selection and purchase decisions.
Watch our latest video featuring Richard Weaver, IT Director at Majestic Wine, talking about the customer experience innovation journey: