Commerce Solutions for Utility Companies
The new energy era presents utility companies with numerous challenges, as well as valuable opportunities. Statutory requirements and growing competition necessitate constant innovation. The key to attracting and retaining customers is to find new ways of adding value. In order to achieve a competitive edge, you need better process efficiency, better customer service, and more online sales.
Intershop combines self-service, smart metering, e-commerce, and marketing in a unique portal solution. By integrating your entire IT infrastructure, you can simplify workflows and improve continuity in your data streams.
Make significant cost savings and enhance your service offering for both new and old customers by automating key business processes and eliminating the need for manual input during order and inventory management.
- Customer-editable account details
- Connection and contract summaries
- Billing history with PDF downloads
Optimize your meter data management. Improve customer-related processes—from accounting to data analysis. Streamline all of your internal metering and billing processes.
- Online consumption data analysis via smart metering
- Visualization of load and cost data, including peak/off-peak comparison
- Scalable timeframes (day – month – year)
- Support for customers in managing their energy and water consumption
Make the most of your existing personnel and systems. Thanks to our multi-interface support, it’s easy to integrate the Intershop portal with your existing IT environment. You can manage the portal via existing applications or use the Intershop service architecture to manage other systems.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements
- Standard interfaces to a wide range of third-party systems
- Integration with all business processes via Business Service API
- Web service support (inbound and outbound, synchronous and asynchronous)
Switch from content management to online view—all with a single click. While editing your portal, you can view your changes exactly as your customers will see them.
- Use easily customizable templates and page components
- Design pages and product info directly in page view
- Schedule content for publishing
- Add promotional, cross-sell, and up-sell elements
You need more than just a website to generate sales—you have to help customers find it. With Intershop, you can market your products exactly where people are looking for them. The result: more online traffic and more online sales.
- SEO-friendly URLs
- Create landing pages quickly and easily
- Generate meta information, HTML and XML sitemaps automatically
- Publish offerings through online marketplaces and search engines
The Intershop platform integrates all your channels seamlessly. Key features include an intelligent promotion engine, extensive A/B testing, sophisticated search functionality, and full support for the rapidly emerging mobile commerce market.
- Improve conversion rates and revenue per customer
- Tap into new markets
- Bundle tariffs and services
- Catalog management and shopping cart process
- Cross-selling capability for own and third-party products
- Wish list, product comparison, and order summary
Optimize revenues from your online portal with targeted sales and marketing activities. Increase traffic and dwell time on your site, while improving conversion rates and increasing sales.
- Integrated campaign management
- Customize campaigns by customer, customer group, or segment
- Rules editor for discounts and rebates
- Cross-selling and up-selling
- Product comparisons
- Abandoned order management tools
In the new energy era, you need to respond quickly and cost-efficiently to new market trends, mergers and deregulation, social networking, and mobile commerce. Many third-party and internally developed systems are unreliable, inefficient, and expensive. Improve your competitiveness through faster marketing of new services, products, and functionality.
- Low operation and administration costs
- Faster ROI thanks to full functionality and immediate deployment capability for utility companies
- Web-based application with easy learning curve for employees
- Easy adaptation to changes in your business through re-configuration rather than expensive custom development
- Flexible deployment models: license purchase, hosting, SaaS, on demand, full service
We wanted a website with the same convenient features that our customers were familiar with from other websites—from the initial search to specifying contract details and completing the checkout process. As a result, we’ve made some major cost savings—especially in customer service. It won’t be long before the portal has paid for itself. Better still, our marketing department can now roll out campaigns without major IT support.
Head of Customer Service, Municipal Utility Company, Eisenberg