Intershop Communications AG | Press Release |
Intershop Commerce Suite supports digital transition in the world of retail
- Intershop to bundle its software into the Commerce Suite, starting immediately
- New market presence makes it easier for users to understand the components and operating models
Jena, February 26, 2015 – Today Intershop introduces the new market presence for its software portfolio: the Intershop Commerce Suite. With its clear structure users are given direct access to software to handle their specific challenges. The increasingly complex requirements of digital retail can be seen not least in the growing wealth of technical solutions. The various components have been organized into the Commerce Suite to help users quickly find the software they need to face their individual challenges. Jochen Moll, CEO of Intershop, explains, "In order to create innovative shopping environments, companies need a software portfolio that grows along with their own business model and that is based on a solid technological foundation. The Intershop Commerce Suite is the response to this need: a sustainable, multi-channel platform with a wealth of individual, compatible components that retailers can put together to fit their size and target markets in accordance with their business model ."
The Commerce Suite is comprised of the following components:
- Omni-Channel Management supports blueprint stores in the rapid set-up of B2B and B2C shops for any end devices with a broad range of localization functions for expanding into new sales markets and integrating new types of cross-channel services, such as the pickup and return of online orders in store branches.
- Experience Management is designed for the technical tracking of customer journeys and shopping experiences, as well as the handling of web content and media assets.
- Product Information recognizes the importance of product data as the heart of the business, for example by offering simple options for importing external data, a validation framework, and mass data processing to increase the efficiency of day-to-day work.
- Marketing & Merchandising helps salespeople during face-to-face customer contact and generates additional revenue with sales-enhancing measures (such as target group-specific campaign management, comprehensive SEO optimization as well as A/B and multi-variable tests).
- Operational Excellence is the benchmark for staying afloat in the day-to-day commerce routine. Clear platform architecture principles place the online shop on a solid foundation, while a strong degree of scalability and standard APIs offer the necessary impetus and technological flexibility. The Intershop Synaptic Commerce API allows users to integrate broadly ramified system landscapes.
- Transaction Management ensures the necessary transparency of all transactions dealing with merchandise selection and order procedures with the aim of increasing customer satisfaction.
- Organization Management gives retailers full control over how they depict complex business elements such as sales and partner structures, cost centers and customer profiles.
- Analytics & Reporting helps users analyze technical and business KPIs so they can optimize budgets and monitor success on an ongoing basis.
In order to offer the greatest degree of flexibility, all of the components in the Commerce Suite are available in three different combinations: Cloud, Managed and Enterprise, that is, On-Premise. Our customers can switch at any time to another model that better fits their changing business situation, without having to repurchase overlapping components.
Intershop Communications AG (founded in Germany 1992; Prime Standard: ISH2) is the leading independent provider of omni-channel commerce solutions. Intershop offers high-performance packaged software for internet sales, complemented by all necessary services. Intershop also acts as a business process outsourcing provider, covering all aspects of online retailing up to fulfillment. Around the globe more than 300 enterprise customers, including HP, BMW, Würth, and Deutsche Telekom run Intershop solutions. Intershop is headquartered in Jena, Germany, and has offices in the United States, Europe, Australia, and China. More information about Intershop can be found online at www.intershop.com.
This news release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial and operational performance of Intershop. Actual events or performance may differ materially from those contained or implied in such forward-looking statements. Risks and uncertainties that could lead to such difference could include, among other things: Intershop's limited operating history, the unpredictability of future revenues and expenses and potential fluctuations in revenues and operating results, significant dependence on large single customer deals, consumer trends, the level of competition, seasonality, risks related to electronic security, possible governmental regulation, and general economic conditions.